WOW. Tomorrow I will officially have a 5 year old son. Words simply can’t express how grateful I am for being graced with the honor & privilege of being Mom to this rad little dude JUDE. For reals though, being a Mom is tough stuff- no matter how ‘ready’ you think you are for the job- You are just NOT. I had NO idea what TRUE unconditional love looked like until Jude came along. It’s like all the vomit, poop, crying, screaming, crazy & trying times really showed ME what I was made of. As a parent, you really lay it all out on the line for your little person- there is nothing else like it. Such a blessing and a reminder that LOVE ALWAYS WINS. Perhaps some things in my childhood were not the best, but being a MOM reminds me that none of that really matters because as a parent, you are just doing the best you can with what you have. SO, the next time you see a Mom struggling to get her shopping done & keep her kids wrangled in- all at the same time- how about giving some grace & offering to help her- instead of judge her? After all, we are all in this together & I know I could have never done this without the help of a small village of friends to turn to along the way. You know who you are. Thanks ladies! xo
Thanks to you my dearest JUDE
– your strong will and curiosity keep me on my toes
-your humor reminds me to HAVE FUN DAILY and not take life so seriously
-your kind heart and desire to help others reminds me that kindness really can change the world
-your building and DIY nature makes me want to make more things instead of buy them
-your love makes me want to be a better ME
-your unique style inspires me to stay true to mine
-your desire to live a healthy life reminds me to take my own advice
-your zest for life makes me feel SO thankful to be alive
-your desire to stop, smell & pick the flowers for me makes me proud of the little man you have become
-your lack of desire to be like everyone else refreshes me
When you LIVE OUT LOUD you force me to do the same & for that I thank you.
Happy 5th Birthday my love.
I love you more than words. You stole my heart. You are the real deal. Shine On.
Jude is having a Lego + Boxing Birthday party this year. I’m super excited to teach him & his little friends some KIDboxing (hosting the party at the kickboxing gym where I work) + we will be doing some FUN Lego games too! I will post lots of pics after his party on Sunday 🙂
Tomorrow is Jude’s big day & he requested ‘anything chocolate’ -so I whipped up some gluten & sugar free Birthday Brownie Balls to send with him to preschool. Get the recipe below! (if you have to avoid nuts at your school then just replace the almonds with sunflower seeds & the PB with sun butter).
- ¾ C raw almonds
- 1 tablesoon raw cacao powder
- 12 pitted medjool dates
- 2 tablespoon all-natural organic peanut butter
- Optional Superfood Add ins: goji berries, Enjoy GF choc chips, hemp seeds, chia seeds, coconut flakes (unsweetened)
- Place almonds in a small food process or and process for about 30 seconds or until your almonds are finely chopped like almond meal. Set aside.
- Next, process the pitted dates until they become like a paste.
- Then, add the rest of the ingredients, including the almond meal, and pulse for an additional minute.
- Form dough in to balls and eat! If it is having trouble sticking, add a tablespoon or 2 of honey.
- *You can make them into bigger sized balls & then place them in cute cupcake wrappers- fun!
- **Need more balls? Double the recipe!
FYI: These are such a yummy snack- not just for birthdays 🙂
Keep it real! xo Branda