- Almonds: loaded with Vitamin E, almonds protect your skin against sun damage.
- Flaxseeds: The Omega 3’s in flax help to erase fine lines and age spots.
- Sweet Potatoes: These taters are loaded with Vitamin C, which when consumed, act almost like collagen in its wrinkle smoothing abilities
- Spinach: The folate in dark, leafy greens like spinach help maintain and repair DNA, which may reduce the likelihood of cancer-cell growth
- Coconut Oil: Suffering from dry, itchy skin? The Omega 3 fatty acids in Coconut oil can be the best moisturizer
- Carrots: The Vitamin A found in carrots can boost eye health as well as clear up your skin from breakouts
- Green Tea: Green tea contains catechin, which has proven anti-inflammatory properties.
- Water: Hydrated skin keeps it looking supple and glowing
- Mango: The Vitamin A in mango helps repair flaky skin to a beautiful, smooth texture
Want glowing skin? Try a mix of green goodness to get the job done!
Green and Glowing Smoothie
1 cup cleaned spinach leaves, firm packed
1 cup cleaned kale, rough chop, firm packed
1 cup green seedless grapes
1 Bartlett pear, core, stem and seeds removed
1 orange, peeled and quartered
1 banana, peeled
1 teaspoon chia seeds
1⁄2 cup water
2 cups ice
Place all ingredients in blender and process on a low speed for 15 seconds, increase to medium, then high until well blended. Going green never tasted so good!