Clean Eating Holiday Stuffing
- • 2 organic apples (chopped)
- • 2 yellow onions, sliced
- • 2 sweet potato or yam diced
- • 1 container of mushrooms, roughly chopped
- • 1 cup pecans, chopped
- • 2 eggs, beaten
- • ⅓ cup organic vegetable or chicken broth
- • 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- • 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- • 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- • 1 garlic clove, minced
- • salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: add your choice of cooked meat
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper, throw diced sweet potatoes/yams on it, sprinkle with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender, then set aside.
- While those cook, pull out a large skillet, place it under medium-high heat and place a tablespoon of coconut oil along your minced garlic clove, chopped apples, and your mushrooms in it to begin to cook down.
- Add a bit of salt and pepper and cook until soft. Once they are done cooking, add to a large bowl.
- While your mushrooms are cooking down, add a tablespoon coconut oil to another large skillet over medium heat and add your sliced onions.
- Continuously move onions around to help coat and caramelize. The caramelization will take about 10-15 minutes.
- Add a bit of salt and pepper, to taste.
- When your mushrooms are done cooking, beat your eggs and add them + your broth, along with your sweet potatoes, pecans, and chopped herbs.
- Mix well. You can use a 9×13 baking dish to place your stuffing in OR place on a lined baking sheet. *If you are adding meat then mix in the cooked meat.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes, then add your caramelized onions and cooked for 5 more minutes.
- Cheers to gluten free stuffing! Yum!