Maple Quinoa Squash
- 1 delicata squash (I used delicata but you could use acorn or another type)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1-2 tbsp chopped red onion
- 1-2 tbsp raisins or unsweetened cranberries
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- coconut oil
- sea salt & cinnamon to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice squash in half & scoop out seeds (save the seeds for roasting!) I peeled my delicata squash (optional) and then massaged it with coconut oil as well as lightly greased the glass baking dish with coconut oil.
- In a bowl mix up the quinoa, red onions, raisins or cranberries, and coat with most of the the maple syrup.
- Scoop the mixture into the squash halves & then drizzle with a little bit more syrup + sprinkle with salt & cinnamon.